Job Id: 63642
VP Software Engineer
Our client is seeking a VP Software Engineer to assist their organization. The VP Software Engineer supporting Treasury Technology Solutions provides senior leadership to the client’s global development teams focusing on the development of applications in support of Treasury Services. This role hires and develops a high-performance software development organization as well as assumes the responsibility for designing, developing, and supporting specific components for the client’s Customer Funds Movement, Currency & FX Rate Management, and Customer Risk applications.
This role is onsite in Purchase, New York, or O’Fallon, Missouri.
VP Software Engineer Responsibilities
- End-to-end technical leader who brings considerable experience designing and implementing solutions supporting treasury functions using a broad range of technologies with a specific emphasis on funds movement solutions.
- Provides strategic thinking and leadership related to a wide range of applications and systems, or software-development methodologies.
- Collaborates with business/product owners to develop and deliver on new services to address market, customer, and product needs.
- Ensures effective collaboration, communication, and socialization to drive the creation and implementation of a comprehensive strategy and road map.
- Oversees the management of the Software Engineering function and acts as the highest authority on high-level and complex decisions within the function.
- Benchmark and drive engineering productivity, quality, and technology policy compliance in the areas of ownership.
- Recruit and hire the right talent, always bringing in someone better than at least half the individuals in the role.
- Continuously engage and improve teams’ performance by conducting recurring meetings, knowing your people, managing career development, and understanding who is at risk.
- Provide and facilitate timely feedback, coaching in the moment, and mentoring for staff at all levels.
- Emulate and drive the company’s mission behaviors through their behavior, recognitions, coaching, and employee engagement.
- Manage and optimize budgets, forecasting, and cost allocation while delivering on business needs.
- Sets the vision for an environment of ingenuity and creativity and acts as a role model for others in challenging the status quo to encourage innovation.
- Lead & manage multiple work streams across functional & geographic divisions within the company.
- Updates Senior and Executive Management on the status of high-visibility initiatives.
VP Software Engineer Qualifications
- Passion for bringing solutions to market, strong IT experience with a successful track record in managing medium-to-large scale development organizations with demonstrated thought-leadership, cross-functional influence, and partnership.
- Balanced decision-maker who leverages data, insights, and competitive analysis to prioritize key strategies needed to scale funds movement solutions for futuristic needs such as distributed ledger technology.
- A trusted partner with internal and external stakeholders – providing consultative technical and business leadership.
- Understanding of various Payments schemes and ecosystems, including Faster Payments schemes, and Payments messaging formats such as ISO 8583, ISO 20022, and SWIFT etc.
- Hands-on experience in designing solutions and full stack development in modern technologies for large enterprise technology platforms and systems.
- Hands-on experience in coding Microservices in Java, building UI/UX, and frameworks such as React, Angular, Spring Boot) and event-driven architecture.
- Experience in deploying applications using CI/CD pipelines, docker containers & Kubernetes to Cloud platforms. Prior experience in AWS/Azure is a plus.
- Knowledge of performance engineering, tuning, and building technology products for scale, is a plus.
- Develop leaders within the team – empowered to operate autonomously with support when needed.
- Operate with urgency, fairness, and decency to address challenges and solve for new opportunities.
- Capable of working under pressure – navigating complex initiatives, competing priorities, and customer requirements.
- Strong communicator to maintain internal and external alignment.
- Familiar with cutting-edge industry trends and a thorough understanding of development methodologies and standards.
- Ability to manage objectives and pipelines, build business cases, define success metrics, and interpret P&L to optimize the business.
Salary: $190,000-$320,000/year. (DOE)
Our client offers medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, a retirement plan, paid time off, and more to eligible employees.
VanderHouwen is an award-winning, Women-Owned, WBENC certified professional staffing firm. Founded in 1987, VanderHouwen has been successfully placing experienced professionals throughout the Pacific Northwest and nationwide. Our recruitment teams are highly specialized in either Technology and IT, Engineering, or Accounting and Finance career markets. Our recruiters value building meaningful, professional relationships with each candidate as well as developing honed knowledge of companies’ staffing needs and workplaces. Partner with us to land your next exciting career.
VanderHouwen is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. VanderHouwen does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal civil rights laws.
- Regional Sales Manager – Materials
- Chief Executive Officer (Healthcare)
- Project Attorney / Specialist
- Bra Designer
- IS Development Manager – Mobile
- Bilingual Office Administrator
- IS Development Manager – EDI
- Email Designer
- Senior Administrative Assistant
- Production Manager
Thank you for your interest in applying for this position! Please fill out the fields below. Your profile will be reviewed with the rest of the applicants.