Job Id: 60108
Test Engineer – CAD / Manufacturing
Our client is seeking a Test Engineer – CAD/Manufacturing to join their organization in Portland, Oregon. The Test Engineer will be responsible for testing, evaluation, and failure analysis of the material, and handling equipment offers for lift trucks and AGVs. The Test Engineer is able to interpret product requirements to determine evaluation methods to ensure product life meets expectations.
This role is fully onsite in Portland, Oregon.
Test Engineer – CAD / Manufacturing Responsibilities
- The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign the functions to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Job functions include the following & other duties may be assigned.
- Construct written test procedures to effectively grade the performance of company attachments.
- Design test fixturing utilizing CAD and engineering calculations.
- Construct test fixtures (sawing, milling, welding, electrical wiring, PLC programming) and/or contract out subcomponents.
- Evaluate industry-recognized test standards (ANSI, ASTM, ASME and ISO) for applicability and incorporation into Test Procedures.
- Provide engineering support worldwide for global and regional products within the engineer’s responsibilities.
- Inspect failed components and determine root cause of failure.
- Research and bring new technology and methods into Test Department to expand capabilities and increase throughput.
- Execute, analyze, and document tests per internal test procedures.
- Manage multiple projects at once and prioritize to meet timelines.
- Devise test methods to evaluate new technologies and make recommendations for their implementation into products.
Test Engineer – CAD / Manufacturing Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 3-5 years of experience in the lift truck industry or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience using and programming microcontrollers, PLC’s, or other embedded controller.
- Knowledge of test instrumentation (strain gages, transducers, signal conditioning) for testand troubleshooting.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate test results in a format which is easily interpreted by both a technical and non-technical audience.
- Comfortable in a manufacturing and/or fab shop environment.
- Experience in test fixture design, engineering calculations, welding, machining, part procurement, and assembly.
- Able to work effectively in both a team environment and independently.
- Outstanding organizational and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes including welding, machining, and assembly.
- Ability to travel on occasion to customer sites and other locations.
- Advanced degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience with parametric 3D modeling software: SolidEdge, Solidworks, AutoCAD or similar.
- Strong ability to manage multiple short- and long-term projects simultaneously.
- Advanced knowledge in failure analysis, metallurgy, and weld engineering.
- Knowledge and experience with FMEA (Failure Mode and Effects Analysis) and Root.
- Cause documentation
- Demonstrated understanding of CANbus communication (J1939, CANopen).
- Familiarity with Reliability Engineering and Statistical Analysis for Life Predictions.
Salary: $70,000k-$89,000k/yr. (DOE)
Benefits are available to eligible full-time employees and can include coverage for medical, dental, life insurance, long term disability, 401k with employer match, and wellness programs.
VanderHouwen is an award-winning, Women-Owned, WBENC certified professional staffing firm. Founded in 1987, VanderHouwen has been successfully placing experienced professionals throughout the Pacific Northwest and nationwide. Our recruitment teams are highly specialized in either Technology and IT, Engineering, or Accounting and Finance career markets. Our recruiters value building meaningful, professional relationships with each candidate as well as developing honed knowledge of companies' staffing needs and workplaces. Partner with us to land your next exciting career.
VanderHouwen is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. VanderHouwen does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal civil rights laws.
- Maintenance Mechanic
- Field Office Engineer
- Mid-Level Electrical Designer
- Principal Electrical Engineer
- Pipeline Technician – Mechanical
- Environmental Specialist
- Senior Electrical Engineer
- Electrical Engineering Designer
- Process Control Engineer
- Systems Engineer
Thank you for your interest in applying for this position! Please fill out the fields below. Your profile will be reviewed with the rest of the applicants.