Job Id: 63666
Technical Accounting Manager
Our Portland client is looking for a hands-on Technical Accounting Manager to join their team. The ideal candidate is well-versed in SOX compliance and enjoys working in a collaborative role.
This is a hybrid role requiring qualified applicants to commute weekly to offices in Portland, Oregon.
Responsibilities of the Technical Accounting Manager
- Ensure GAAP, SOX, and internal control compliance across the organization.
- Assess, suggest, and implement improvements to processes and procedures within accounting.
- Support month end processes and external audit preparations.
- Prepare and review ad-hoc reports.
Technical Accounting Manager Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; CPA required.
- 6+ years of related experience including prior supervisory responsibility.
- Exposure to public accounting with strong knowledge of GAAP and SOX compliance.
- Tech-savvy with Excel and ERP systems; SAP highly preferred.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to interact with multiple members of the organization.
- Analytical mindset with strong critical thinking and decision-making abilities.
Salary: $110k-$140k + Bonus (DOE)
Benefits are available to eligible full-time employees and include coverage for medical, paid parental leave, 401k with employer contribution, stock purchasing options, wellness incentives, fitness center, tuition reimbursement, employee resource groups, transit/commuter benefits, service discounts, and vendor discounts.
VanderHouwen is an award-winning, Women-Owned, WBENC certified professional staffing firm. Founded in 1987, VanderHouwen has been successfully placing experienced professionals throughout the Pacific Northwest and nationwide. Our recruitment teams are highly specialized in either Technology and IT, Engineering, or Accounting and Finance career markets. Our recruiters value building meaningful, professional relationships with each candidate as well as developing honed knowledge of companies’ staffing needs and workplaces. Partner with us to land your next exciting career.
VanderHouwen is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. VanderHouwen does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal civil rights laws.
- Director of Finance
- Payroll Specialist
- Finance Manager
- Billing Specialist
- Finance Manager (Manufacturing)
- Financial Analyst
- Payroll Specialist
- Senior Accountant
- Accounting Manager
- Technical Accountant
Thank you for your interest in applying for this position! Please fill out the fields below. Your profile will be reviewed with the rest of the applicants.