Job Id: 63734
Our well-established CPA client seeks a passionate tax professional to join their team! The firm owner is looking to retire and hand off his book of business in 5 years, making this Tax Accountant role an exceptionally incredible opportunity to be mentored by a CPA with 37 years in public accounting who files over 1000 returns per year. This role will keep you busy from February to April, but work/life balance is excellent for the rest of the year!
Tax Accountant Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain relationships with existing clientele.
- Research and propose resolutions to technical individual tax matters.
- Prepare individual income tax returns.
- Provide effective project management.
- Build on technical competence by keeping up to date on trends, developments, and technical authorities.
Tax Accountant Qualifications
- 2+ years of recent public accounting experience.
- Active or in-process CPA with the willingness to earn CPA while in the role.
- Strong knowledge of tax return preparations and tax planning functions.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Willing and able to own take ownership of clientele.
Salary: $80k-$100k (DOE)
Benefits are available to eligible full-time employees and include coverage for medical (100% employer paid for employee only coverage), unlimited PTO, and employer paid parking.
VanderHouwen is an award-winning, Women-Owned, WBENC certified professional staffing firm. Founded in 1987, VanderHouwen has been successfully placing experienced professionals throughout the Pacific Northwest and nationwide. Our recruitment teams are highly specialized in either Technology and IT, Engineering, or Accounting and Finance career markets. Our recruiters value building meaningful, professional relationships with each candidate as well as developing honed knowledge of companies’ staffing needs and workplaces. Partner with us to land your next exciting career.
VanderHouwen is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. VanderHouwen does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal civil rights laws.
- Accounting Assistant
- Senior Accountant
- Credit Analyst
- Finance Manager
- Payroll Specialist
- Technical Accounting Manager
- Financial Analyst
- Non-Profit Controller
- Director of Finance
- Payroll Administrator
Thank you for your interest in applying for this position! Please fill out the fields below. Your profile will be reviewed with the rest of the applicants.