Job Id: 63579
SMT Process Engineer
Our client is seeking a skilled and experienced SMT (Surface Mount Technology) Process Engineer to join their team. You should have experience in aligning processes around SMT board assembly, hardware and chassis building, and the wiring and components that make our technology work. The SMT Process Engineer will be responsible for optimizing and maintaining the Surface Mount Technology assembly processes to ensure efficiency, quality, and productivity.
This role is onsite in Wilsonville, Oregon.
SMT Process Engineer Responsibilities
- Process Optimization: Continuously evaluate and improve SMT manufacturing processes to enhance product quality and manufacturing efficiency. Everything from the inspection of newly arrived materials to how we store and maintain our supplies should be constantly monitored for improvement.
- Material Selection: Collaborate with the procurement team to select and qualify appropriate materials, solder paste, and components for the SMT processes.
- Quality Control: Implement and maintain strict quality control measures. This includes process control and inspections of the delivered materials to minimize the possibility of defects from our vendor partners. See an opportunity for improvement? Make the change.
- Programming and Setup: Develop and optimize machine programming for SMT equipment, including pick-and-place machines and reflow soldering ovens. Review spec sheets and data to determine best practices and update solder temperature profiles to maximize the efficiency of our processes.
- Documentation: Maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation related to machine settings, process parameters, and standard operating procedures.
- SMT Equipment Management: Oversee and maintain SMT equipment, ensuring proper calibration, troubleshooting, and repair as needed.
- Training: Train SMT technicians and operators on new processes, equipment, and best practices.
- Problem Solving: Investigate and troubleshoot production issues, performing root cause analysis and implementing corrective actions.
- Process Validation: Validate and qualify SMT processes for new products and ensure that they meet design specifications and quality standards.
- Collaboration: Work closely with cross-functional teams, including design engineering, quality control, and manufacturing, to ensure seamless integration of SMT processes.
SMT Process Engineer Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, Manufacturing, or a related field and or/equivalent experience.
- Minimum 7 years proven experience in SMT process engineering.
- Proficiency in SMT equipment operation, programming, and maintenance.
- Strong knowledge of SMT assembly processes, materials, and quality control i.e., Wave soldering, Press fit Connectors, Blade and Chassis Assembly, Electrical Wiring and Production Tooling.
- Effective problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Salary: $70,000-$85,000/year. (DOE)
Our client offers medical, dental, vision, short & long-term disability, FSA, healthy work-life balance, generous paid time off program, retirement savings match, professional development program, volunteer time off and employee assistance plan, collaborative and innovative work environment, and on-site exercise facility to eligible employees.
VanderHouwen is an award-winning, Women-Owned, WBENC certified professional staffing firm. Founded in 1987, VanderHouwen has been successfully placing experienced professionals throughout the Pacific Northwest and nationwide. Our recruitment teams are highly specialized in either Technology and IT, Engineering, or Accounting and Finance career markets. Our recruiters value building meaningful, professional relationships with each candidate as well as developing honed knowledge of companies' staffing needs and workplaces. Partner with us to land your next exciting career.
VanderHouwen is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. VanderHouwen does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal civil rights laws.
- Pipeline Technician – Mechanical
- Process Control Engineer
- Senior Electrical Designer
- Subsystem Architecture / Design Engineer
- SMT Manufacturing Manager
- Systems Engineer
- Die Maintenance Technician
- Principal Electrical Engineer
- Manufacturing Assembler
- Maintenance Mechanic
Thank you for your interest in applying for this position! Please fill out the fields below. Your profile will be reviewed with the rest of the applicants.