Job Id: 63580
SMT Manufacturing Manager
Our client is seeking an experienced and highly motivated SMT Manufacturing Manager to lead our client's Surface Mount Technology manufacturing from creation to final assembly. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the entire SMT manufacturing process, optimizing productivity, and ensuring the highest level of quality, efficiency, and safety.
SMT Manufacturing Manager Responsibilities
- Team Leadership: Manage, lead, and mentor a team of SMT technicians and operators, fostering a collaborative and productive work environment.
- Production Planning: Develop and execute production plans, ensuring on-time delivery of high-quality products while meeting customer demand.
- Quality Assurance: Implement and maintain strict quality control measures to minimize defects and uphold industry standards.
- Process Improvement: Continuously evaluate and optimize SMT manufacturing processes, including machine programming, materials usage, and workflow to maximize efficiency and reduce costs.
- Root Cause Analysis: Investigate and resolve production issues by conducting root cause analysis and implementing corrective actions.
- Equipment Maintenance: Oversee maintenance and calibration of SMT equipment and machinery, ensuring their proper functionality.
- Supply Chain Coordination: Collaborate with procurement and logistics teams to manage the flow of materials and components, minimizing lead times and optimizing inventory levels.
- Health and Safety: Ensure a safe and compliant working environment, adhering to all relevant health and safety regulations.
- Reporting and Documentation: Generate reports, data analysis, and performance metrics, providing regular updates to senior management.
- Capacity Planning: Monitor production capacity and plan for expansion or adjustment as demand fluctuates.
- Regulatory Compliance: Ensure compliance with industry regulations, certifications, and quality standards and oversee audits or assessments as necessary.
- Vendor and Supplier Management: Collaborate with suppliers to ensure timely delivery of materials, negotiate pricing, and maintain strong relationships with key vendors.
- New Technology Integration: Stay updated on emerging SMT technologies and equipment and evaluate their potential for improving manufacturing processes.
- Inventory Management: Oversee inventory control and maintain an efficient materials management system, reducing waste and carrying costs.
SMT Manufacturing Manager Qualifications
- Proven experience in SMT manufacturing with at least 5 years in a managerial role.
- Strong knowledge of SMT processes, equipment, and industry best practices.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, Manufacturing, and/or equivalent career experience.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills.
- Proficiency in using manufacturing software and tools.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Quality and safety-focused with a strong attention to detail.
- Familiarity with lean manufacturing principles is a plus.
Salary: $110,000-$135,000/year. (DOE)
Our client offers medical, dental, vision, short & long-term disability, FSA, healthy work-life balance, generous paid time off program, retirement savings match, professional development program, volunteer time off and employee assistance plan, collaborative and innovative work environment, and on-site exercise facility to eligible employees.
VanderHouwen is an award-winning, Women-Owned, WBENC certified professional staffing firm. Founded in 1987, VanderHouwen has been successfully placing experienced professionals throughout the Pacific Northwest and nationwide. Our recruitment teams are highly specialized in either Technology and IT, Engineering, or Accounting and Finance career markets. Our recruiters value building meaningful, professional relationships with each candidate as well as developing honed knowledge of companies' staffing needs and workplaces. Partner with us to land your next exciting career.
VanderHouwen is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. VanderHouwen does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal civil rights laws.
- Systems Engineer
- Senior Electrical Engineer
- Field Office Engineer
- Pipeline Technician – Mechanical
- Electrical Engineering Designer
- Senior Electrical Designer
- Subsystem Architecture / Design Engineer
- Manufacturing Assembler
- Principal Electrical Engineer
- Die Maintenance Technician
Thank you for your interest in applying for this position! Please fill out the fields below. Your profile will be reviewed with the rest of the applicants.