Job Id: 63931
Senior Tax Associate
Our client, one of Portland's oldest and largest regional accounting firms with a varied and growing client base, is looking to add a Senior Tax Associate to their team! If you’ve been looking for a stellar opportunity to work in a collaborative environment where mentorship and career development are valued & creativity and innovation are encouraged, this could be the place for you – apply today!
This is a hybrid role requiring qualified applicants to commute weekly to offices in Portland, Oregon or Vancouver, Washington.
Responsibilities of the Senior Tax Associate
- Develop and maintain client relationships.
- Support clients with tax planning and filing preparations.
- Prepare and review tax return packages.
- Perform tax research and serve as a subject matter expert on tax policies/procedures.
Senior Tax Associate Qualifications
- 3 years of public accounting experience; exposure to real estate, manufacturing, construction, and/or professional services preferred.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Accounting, Finance, Business, or a related field.
- Active or in-process CPA a plus.
- Tech-savvy and able to learn new systems quickly.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with emphasis on customer service.
- Organized with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
Salary: $80k–$95k + Bonus (DOE)
Benefits are available to eligible full-time employees and include coverage for dental, vision, employer-paid medical, life insurance, long-term disability, 401k with employer contribution, generous PTO, FSA, and an employee assistance program (EAP).
VanderHouwen is an award-winning, Women-Owned, WBENC certified professional staffing firm. Founded in 1987, VanderHouwen has been successfully placing experienced professionals throughout the Pacific Northwest and nationwide. Our recruitment teams are highly specialized in either Technology and IT, Engineering, or Accounting and Finance career markets. Our recruiters value building meaningful, professional relationships with each candidate as well as developing honed knowledge of companies' staffing needs and workplaces. Partner with us to land your next exciting career.
VanderHouwen is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. VanderHouwen does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal civil rights laws.
Thank you for your interest in applying for this position! Please fill out the fields below. Your profile will be reviewed with the rest of the applicants.