Job Id: 61320
Senior Tax Associate
Our client, a mid-sized public accounting firm, is seeking a reliable Senior Tax Associate with 2 years’ experience in public accounting and tax prep. This full-time position requires developing a comprehensive understanding of our clients’ unique business model and providing strategic year-round tax planning strategy. The firm offers a fun work environment, hybrid work options, great benefits, and competitive compensation.
This role is anticipating a hybrid schedule and requires qualified candidates to commute weekly to offices in Lake Oswego, Oregon.
Responsibilities of the Senior Tax Associate
- Pursue new business development.
- Maintain relationships with key business contacts and clients.
- Develop skills for reviewing tax returns.
- Prepare complex multi-state business, fiduciary, and individual tax returns.
- Provide timely and high-quality services exceeding client expectations.
- Identify additional areas of service and planning opportunities.
- Research and develop tax planning strategies.
Qualifications of the Senior Tax Associate
- Must demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Strong teamwork and leadership skills.
- Must have a positive attitude and high ethical standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- Active or in-process CPA.
- 2 years of recent public accounting and tax preparation experience.
- At least 1 year of supervisory experience.
Salary: $70k-$100k (DOE)
Benefits are available to eligible full-time employees and include coverage for medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, parental leave, 401k, profit-sharing, and professional development opportunities.
VanderHouwen is an award-winning, Women-Owned, WBENC certified professional staffing firm. Founded in 1987, VanderHouwen has been successfully placing experienced professionals throughout the Pacific Northwest and nationwide. Our recruitment teams are highly specialized in either Technology and IT, Engineering, or Accounting and Finance career markets. Our recruiters value building meaningful, professional relationships with each candidate as well as developing honed knowledge of companies' staffing needs and workplaces. Partner with us to land your next exciting career.
VanderHouwen is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. VanderHouwen does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal civil rights laws.
Thank you for your interest in applying for this position! Please fill out the fields below. Your profile will be reviewed with the rest of the applicants.