Job Id: 59567
Senior Tax Accountant
Our Salem-based client is seeking a full-time Senior Tax Accountant to join their team! The ideal candidate is flexible, deadline-driven, and has a keen eye for detail. If you've been looking to become part of a well-established, industry leading company, this could be the place for you!
Senior Tax Accountant Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance; current tax license or CPA preferred.
- 3 years of related corporate tax experience.
- Familiarity with GAAP and local/international tax regulations and codes.
- Proficient with tax software and MS Office Suite including intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with emphasis on customer service.
- Analytical mindset and excellent research skills.
Senior Tax Accountant Responsibilities
- Handle tax schedules, reports, and filings.
- Ensure accuracy and compliance of tax-related activities.
- Provide tax strategy recommendations to business leaders.
- Maintain knowledge and documentation of current laws and regulations.
- Support development of SOPs for tax filing processes.
- Serve as point of contact for external tax/audit inquiries.
- Additional projects and duties as needed.
Salary: $80k-$90k (DOE)
Benefits are available to eligible full-time employees and include coverage for medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, employee assistance program, and matching 401k.
VanderHouwen is an award-winning, Women-Owned, WBENC certified professional staffing firm. Founded in 1987, VanderHouwen has been successfully placing experienced professionals throughout the Pacific Northwest and nationwide. Our recruitment teams are highly specialized in either Technology and IT, Engineering, or Accounting and Finance career markets. Our recruiters value building meaningful, professional relationships with each candidate as well as developing honed knowledge of companies' staffing needs and workplaces. Partner with us to land your next exciting career.
VanderHouwen is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. VanderHouwen does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal civil rights laws.
- Assistant Controller
- Part-Time Tax Preparer
- Director of Actuarial Services
- Staff Accountant
- Accounting Specialist
- Accounts Payable Director
- Senior Internal Auditor
- Project Accountant
- Part-Time AR and Billing Assistant
- Payroll Manager
Thank you for your interest in applying for this position! Please fill out the fields below. Your profile will be reviewed with the rest of the applicants.