Job Id: 64202
Our Portland client has a full-time opening for an inquisitive Senior Accountant to grow with their team! If you've been looking for an opportunity to get a foot in the door and grow your career with a well-established company, this could be the place for you!
This is a hybrid role requiring qualified applicants to commute weekly to offices in Portland, Oregon.
Senior Accountant Responsibilities
- Prepare financial statements.
- Perform general ledger and bank account reconciliations.
- Maintain general ledger accounts as assigned, including prepaid and fixed assets.
- Work closely with A/R Specialists to ensure customer payments are properly applied to accounts.
- Perform financial statement variance analysis.
- Review team members' accounting transactions.
- Perform monthly, quarterly, and yearly roll-forwards for all assigned accounts.
- Identify and implement new processes and procedures.
Senior Accountant Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business with an Accounting and/or Finance focus.
- 3-5 years accounting experience, preferably in a SaaS or technology company.
- Solid understanding of ASC 606 and revenue recognition principles.
- Must be able to perform technical accounting research and provide accounting guidance.
- Proficient with ERP systems.
Salary: $85k-$95k (DOE)
Benefits are available to eligible full-time employees.
VanderHouwen is an award-winning, Women-Owned, WBENC certified professional staffing firm. Founded in 1987, VanderHouwen has been successfully placing experienced professionals throughout the Pacific Northwest and nationwide. Our recruitment teams are highly specialized in either Technology and IT, Engineering, or Accounting and Finance career markets. Our recruiters value building meaningful, professional relationships with each candidate as well as developing honed knowledge of companies' staffing needs and workplaces. Partner with us to land your next exciting career.
VanderHouwen is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. VanderHouwen does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal civil rights laws.
Thank you for your interest in applying for this position! Please fill out the fields below. Your profile will be reviewed with the rest of the applicants.