Job Id: 63643
Our fun and well-known Portland client is seeking an experienced Senior Accountant to drive financial accounting and tax reporting functions for their team. The ideal candidate is proactive, process-oriented, and enjoys complex problem-solving. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you – apply today!
This is a hybrid role requiring qualified applicants to commute weekly to offices in Portland, Oregon.
Senior Accountant Responsibilities
- Perform financial analysis and reporting (internal/external).
- Handle tax schedules, reports, and filings.
- Lead month end close processes ensuring timeliness and GAAP compliance.
- Maintain balance sheet accounts and general ledger.
- Additional projects and duties as required.
Senior Accountant Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance; active or in-process CPA required.
- 5 years of progressive accounting experience including exposure to public accounting.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and tax reporting functions/compliance.
- Proficient with MS Dynamics or similar and advanced Excel skills with the ability to handle large data sets.
- Team-oriented with strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Deadline-driven with exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Analytical mindset with strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
Salary: $80k-$90k (DOE)
Benefits are available to eligible full-time employees and include coverage for medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, FSA, 401k with employer match, wellness incentives, product discounts, tuition reimbursement, paid volunteer hours, and an employee assistance program (EAP).
VanderHouwen is an award-winning, Women-Owned, WBENC certified professional staffing firm. Founded in 1987, VanderHouwen has been successfully placing experienced professionals throughout the Pacific Northwest and nationwide. Our recruitment teams are highly specialized in either Technology and IT, Engineering, or Accounting and Finance career markets. Our recruiters value building meaningful, professional relationships with each candidate as well as developing honed knowledge of companies' staffing needs and workplaces. Partner with us to land your next exciting career.
VanderHouwen is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. VanderHouwen does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal civil rights laws.
- Finance Manager
- Senior Accountant (Non-Profit)
- Accounting Manager
- Senior Accounts Payable Lead
- Technical Accountant
- Technical Accounting Manager
- Payroll Specialist
- Accounting Specialist
- Accounts Payable Supervisor
- Actuarial Analyst II
Thank you for your interest in applying for this position! Please fill out the fields below. Your profile will be reviewed with the rest of the applicants.