Job Id: 61605
Our client is looking for a reliable and self-motivated Senior Accountant to support their accounting team full-time! This is an exciting opportunity to build on your experience in a vibrant company that has a cool product line and strong values in sustainability.
This is a hybrid role requiring qualified applicants to commute weekly to offices in Portland, Oregon or Pomona, California.
Senior Accountant Responsibilities
- Support month end functions and review AP/AR transactions for accuracy.
- Maintain financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts.
- Prep financial statements including balance sheet and general ledger account reconciliations.
- Perform variance analysis and inform leadership of findings.
- Prepare checks and EFT payments.
- Gather and organize documentation for sales tax reporting.
Senior Accountant Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business with an accounting and/or finance focus.
- 3+ years of full process accounting experience including responsibility for financial statement prep, journal entries, reconciliations, and inventory.
- Manufacturing, Ecommerce, or retail-related experience a plus.
- Proficient with ERP systems (Sage or similar preferred).
- Excellent time-management skills with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
Salary: $80k+ (DOE)
Benefits are available to eligible full-time employees and include coverage for medical, dental, vision, short term disability, life insurance, FSA, 401k with employer match, tuition assistance, product and service discounts, and an employee assistance program.
VanderHouwen is an award-winning, Women-Owned, WBENC certified professional staffing firm. Founded in 1987, VanderHouwen has been successfully placing experienced professionals throughout the Pacific Northwest and nationwide. Our recruitment teams are highly specialized in either Technology and IT, Engineering, or Accounting and Finance career markets. Our recruiters value building meaningful, professional relationships with each candidate as well as developing honed knowledge of companies’ staffing needs and workplaces. Partner with us to land your next exciting career.
VanderHouwen is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. VanderHouwen does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal civil rights laws.
- Senior Tax Associate
- Payroll Analyst
- Staff Accountant
- Treasury Manager
- Senior Accountant
- Senior Internal Auditor
- Inventory Analyst
- Director of Finance
- Senior Accountant
- Accounts Payable Specialist
Thank you for your interest in applying for this position! Please fill out the fields below. Your profile will be reviewed with the rest of the applicants.