Job Id: 60557
Our Portland-based client, who has a longstanding reputation in the Pacific Northwest, is looking for a dedicated Senior Accountant to join their team full-time. In this role, you will lead day-to-day accounting functions while collaborating with various stakeholders to complete a variety of projects.
This is a remote opportunity, but candidates must be within commutable distance to Portland, Oregon.
Senior Accountant Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business; CPA a plus.
- 5+ years of multi-entity accounting experience within a mid to large sized company.
- Strong knowledge of GL processes including fixed assets; revenue recognition experience a plus.
- Proficient with ERP systems and intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization.
- Able to effectively prioritize and meet deadlines while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy.
Senior Accountant Responsibilities
- Support month-end close processes ensuring timeliness and accuracy.
- Prepare journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Maintain fixed assets and related depreciation schedules.
- Work with business partners and external auditors to support audit activities.
- Ad-hoc reporting and special projects as needed.
Salary: $65k–$85k + Bonus (DOE)
Benefits are available to eligible full-time employees and include coverage for medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, FSA, 401k with company match, and an employee assistance program.
VanderHouwen is an award-winning, Women-Owned, WBENC certified professional staffing firm. Founded in 1987, VanderHouwen has been successfully placing experienced professionals throughout the Pacific Northwest and nationwide. Our recruitment teams are highly specialized in either Technology and IT, Engineering, or Accounting and Finance career markets. Our recruiters value building meaningful, professional relationships with each candidate as well as developing honed knowledge of companies’ staffing needs and workplaces. Partner with us to land your next exciting career.
VanderHouwen is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. VanderHouwen does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal civil rights laws.
- Financial Analyst
- Accounting Specialist
- Senior Internal Auditor
- Payroll Specialist
- Accounts Payable Accountant
- Fiscal Manager
- Cash Applications Specialist
- Accounting Manager
- Director of Finance
Thank you for your interest in applying for this position! Please fill out the fields below. Your profile will be reviewed with the rest of the applicants.