Job Id: 63003
Our client is seeking a proactive and dedicated Safety Manager to establish and oversee our safety programs and protocols within our McMinnville food manufacturing facility. As the inaugural safety manager, you will be responsible for creating and implementing a comprehensive safety framework, fostering a culture of safety, and ensuring compliance with all relevant regulations. The ideal candidate should possess a strong background in safety management, preferably within the food manufacturing industry, and be capable of building safety initiatives from the ground up.
This role is fully onsite in McMinnville, OR.
Safety Program Development:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive safety program tailored to the unique needs of our food manufacturing environment.
- Establish safety policies, procedures, and guidelines, covering areas such as equipment operation, chemical handling, personal protective equipment (PPE), emergency response, and more.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate safety practices into daily operations.
Safety Culture Building:
- Cultivate a safety-focused culture throughout the organization, emphasizing the importance of adherence to safety protocols at all levels.
- Promote employee awareness and engagement by conducting safety training, workshops, and communication campaigns.
- Encourage reporting of safety concerns and near-miss incidents, fostering a proactive approach to hazard identification and mitigation.
Compliance and Regulation:
- Stay updated on relevant safety regulations, laws, and industry standards to ensure compliance and mitigate potential risks.
- Lead efforts to achieve and maintain safety certifications, permits, and licenses as required.
- Collaborate with regulatory agencies as necessary, serving as the main point of contact for safety-related matters.
Hazard Assessment and Risk Management:
- Conduct thorough hazard assessments and risk analyses to identify potential safety issues within the facility.
- Implement effective risk management strategies, including the development of action plans to address identified hazards.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of risk mitigation measures.
Incident Investigation and Reporting:
- Lead investigations into safety incidents, accidents, and near-miss events to determine root causes and prevent recurrence.
- Maintain accurate records of incidents, investigations, and corrective actions taken.
- Prepare and submit required safety reports to management and regulatory authorities.
Training and Education:
- Develop and deliver safety training programs for employees, contractors, and visitors, ensuring understanding of safety protocols and procedures.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Health and Safety
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in safety management, preferably within the food manufacturing industry.
- Thorough understanding of safety regulations, laws, and industry standards relevant to food manufacturing.
- Strong knowledge of hazard assessment techniques, risk management strategies, and incident investigation protocols.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and engage employees at all levels.
- Proven track record of building safety programs and fostering a culture of safety.
- Ability to work independently, demonstrate initiative, and drive results in a dynamic environment.
- If you are a motivated and experienced safety professional with a passion for establishing a strong safety foundation within a food manufacturing environment, we invite you to apply for the position of Safety Manager. Join us in creating a safe and secure workplace for our employees and promoting a culture of safety excellence.
Salary: $75,000-$95,000/yr. (DOE)
Benefits are available to eligible full-time employees and can include coverage for medical, dental, life insurance, long term disability, 401k with employer match, and wellness programs.
VanderHouwen is an award-winning, Women-Owned, WBENC certified professional staffing firm. Founded in 1987, VanderHouwen has been successfully placing experienced professionals throughout the Pacific Northwest and nationwide. Our recruitment teams are highly specialized in either Technology and IT, Engineering, or Accounting and Finance career markets. Our recruiters value building meaningful, professional relationships with each candidate as well as developing honed knowledge of companies' staffing needs and workplaces. Partner with us to land your next exciting career.
VanderHouwen is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. VanderHouwen does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal civil rights laws.
- Pipeline Technician – Mechanical
- Transportation Electrification Portfolio Launch Manager
- Senior Electrical Engineer
- Civil Project Engineer
- Technical Communications Specialist
- 3D Mechanical Engineering Designer
- UEFI Silicon Engineer
- Test Engineer – CAD / Manufacturing
- Applications Scientist
- Applications Scientist
Thank you for your interest in applying for this position! Please fill out the fields below. Your profile will be reviewed with the rest of the applicants.