Job Id: 61628
Resident Geotechnical Engineer
Our client is seeking a Resident Geotechnical Engineer to join their organization in Richmond, Virginia. They will need a Field Geotechnical Engineer to oversee a multiyear remediation program at a large energy site.
This role is onsite in Richmond, Virginia.
Resident Geotechnical Engineer Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary project teams and support team members to address client goals and objectives.
- Understand client needs and develop strong client relationships.
- Be capable of managing financial and technical aspects of project tasks.
- Be motivated to communicate changes, problems, and client requests promptly.
- Demonstrate very strong verbal communication and written skills including internal correspondence, client deliverables and regulatory submittals.
- Assist in identifying and communicating technical issues and approaches for evaluation, contribute to development of technical approaches to problem-solving and scopes of work, and execute project tasks to meet technical, quality, budgetary, and scheduling requirements.
- Have experience with the preparation and implementation of safety programs. Adhere to Site-Specific Health and Safety Plans. As applicable, participate in site safety briefings and audits by both contractors and the company.
- Monitor subsurface exploration and testing activities (e.g., test borings geoprobes, CPTs) to collect soil, bedrock, and groundwater samples, perform field vane shear testing and soil classification, and collect other pertinent information for project design in accordance with applicable ASTM standards, company standard procedures, and other industry standard guidelines.
- Provide construction monitoring/on-site engineering observation for both geotechnical and environmental projects.
- Compile, reduce, analyze, manage, and report field, instrumentation, geological, and/or environmental data using spreadsheets and other tools.
- Conduct and analyze routine data collection, synthesis, management and analysis using approved procedures appropriate for their discipline.
- Demonstrate strong aptitude and eagerness for coaching and mentoring.
Resident Geotechnical Engineer Qualifications
- Minimum B.S. degree in Civil Engineering, or other related discipline. M.S. degree in Geotechnical Engineering preferred.
- 5 years of relevant professional services consulting experience that includes on-site construction monitoring and experience with excavation, construction dewatering, temporary excavation support systems, coal combustion residuals (coal ash) and/or slope stability evaluations.
- Knowledge of geotechnical instrumentation programs and related ground movement studies, and experience with monitoring ground movements caused by construction activities, developing threshold criteria, reviewing monitoring data, and communicating results with contractors and owners.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, flexibility, and willingness to see projects through to completion are a must.
- Has or will apply for professional certification in their core discipline, where applicable, such as EIT or PE.
- Strong computer literacy skills including proficiency in MS Office software, data management, and programming.
- Must possess a valid driver's license, have a reliable form of transportation to travel to job sites and the office, and be willing and able to travel to temporary assignments across the U.S.
- OSHA 40-hr. HAZWOPER and OSHA 10-hr.
- Must be a civil/environmental/geotechnical engineer; Must have experience working in the field, onsite with contractors and stakeholders.
- Construction Site Safety training is preferred.
Salary: $75,000-$95,000/year. (DOE)
Our client offers excellent career growth, a highly competitive total compensation plan and a solid benefits package that includes; health, dental, and vision; Short-Term/Long-Term Disability; 401(k) with match; generous vacation plan and paid time off; tuition reimbursement; long-term care, and more to eligible employees.
VanderHouwen is an award-winning, Women-Owned, WBENC certified professional staffing firm. Founded in 1987, VanderHouwen has been successfully placing experienced professionals throughout the Pacific Northwest and nationwide. Our recruitment teams are highly specialized in either Technology and IT, Engineering, or Accounting and Finance career markets. Our recruiters value building meaningful, professional relationships with each candidate as well as developing honed knowledge of companies' staffing needs and workplaces. Partner with us to land your next exciting career.
VanderHouwen is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. VanderHouwen does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal civil rights laws.
Thank you for your interest in applying for this position! Please fill out the fields below. Your profile will be reviewed with the rest of the applicants.