Job Id: 61499
Our client is looking for a reliable and self-motivated Purchasing Assistant to join their Portland, Oregon team! This is a great opportunity to gain valuable experience with a large, global company while collaborating with many departments within the organization.
This role is anticipating a hybrid schedule and requires qualified candidates to commute weekly to offices in Portland, Oregon.
Responsibilities of the Purchasing Assistant
- Research and evaluate product pricing, quality, service, and selection.
- Purchase merchandise at the lowest cost and monitor shipping for timely delivery.
- Analyze financial and procurement reports.
- Review bid proposals and contracts.
- Prepare quotes and purchase orders.
- Maintain information within the customer database.
Purchasing Assistant Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Supply Chain, or related field required.
- Strong business acumen and familiarity with buying/purchasing processes.
- Proficient with PowerPoint and intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
- Ability to analyze and manipulate large quantities of data.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong time-management and problem-solving skills.
Salary: $16-$20/hr. (DOE)
Benefits are available to eligible VanderHouwen contractors and include coverage for medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, and matching 401k.
VanderHouwen is an award-winning, Women-Owned, WBENC certified professional staffing firm. Founded in 1987, VanderHouwen has been successfully placing experienced professionals throughout the Pacific Northwest and nationwide. Our recruitment teams are highly specialized in either Technology and IT, Engineering, or Accounting and Finance career markets. Our recruiters value building meaningful, professional relationships with each candidate as well as developing honed knowledge of companies' staffing needs and workplaces. Partner with us to land your next exciting career.
VanderHouwen is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. VanderHouwen does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal civil rights laws.
- Warehouse Laborer
- Senior Human Resources Manager
- Senior Communications Specialist
- IS Development Manager – EDW
- Senior Desktop Publisher
- Strategic Sourcing Manager
- Pharmacy Benefit Specialist II
- Administrative Specialist
- Director, Value Based Contracting
- Change Management Consultant
Thank you for your interest in applying for this position! Please fill out the fields below. Your profile will be reviewed with the rest of the applicants.