Job Id: 63377
Principal Electrical Engineer
Our client is seeking a Principal Electrical Engineer to join their organization.
This role is onsite in East Farmingdale, New York.
Principal Electrical Engineer Responsibilities
As our client's Principal Electrical Engineer, you will work on the development of their next-generation products. You will perform a wide variety of tasks including the design, development, and verification testing of Circuit Card Assemblies and FPGAs. You will also perform or support requirements clarification, digital design, troubleshooting, hardware/software interface definition, testing, and documentation. You will work with cross-functional project teams, consisting of digital/analog hardware, software, and mechanical engineers, in support of the business unit.
- Lead the development of complex circuit cards utilizing mixed-signal technology circuits consisting of processors, I/O communications, and programmable logic devices (FPGA, CPLD).
- Lead the development of VHDL design efforts for a design assurance product.
- Develop, plan, and implement automated testing of electrical systems.
Principal Electrical Engineer Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree required – Master's Degree preferred (EE/CE).
- A minimum of 10+ years of relevant work experience is required.
- Extensive experience with one or more schematic capture/circuit board layout tools (Siemens PADS experience beneficial).
- Experience with processor cards and analog interface circuit cards.
- Experience using Python.
- Excellent analysis, decision-making, and communication skills
- Strong background in RTL coding/simulation/debug capabilities using VHDL and/or Verilog (VHDL preferred).
- Experience with the Agile Development Process and the Atlassian Tool Suite.
- US Citizen and must be able to obtain and maintain a DOD security clearance.
Salary: $133,000-$192,000/year. (DOE)
Paid Time Off, 401K with Employer Match and Profit Sharing, Health and Wellness Benefits, Learning and Development Opportunities, Referral Program, Competitive Pay, Recognition, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and Inclusive & Supportive Culture.
VanderHouwen is an award-winning, Women-Owned, WBENC certified professional staffing firm. Founded in 1987, VanderHouwen has been successfully placing experienced professionals throughout the Pacific Northwest and nationwide. Our recruitment teams are highly specialized in either Technology and IT, Engineering, or Accounting and Finance career markets. Our recruiters value building meaningful, professional relationships with each candidate as well as developing honed knowledge of companies' staffing needs and workplaces. Partner with us to land your next exciting career.
VanderHouwen is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. VanderHouwen does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal civil rights laws.
- Process Control Engineer
- Environmental Specialist
- Mid-Level Electrical Designer
- Electrical Engineering Designer
- Subsystem Architecture / Design Engineer
- Maintenance Mechanic
- Senior Electrical Engineer
- Mechanical Project Engineer
- Pipeline Technician – Mechanical
- Field Office Engineer
Thank you for your interest in applying for this position! Please fill out the fields below. Your profile will be reviewed with the rest of the applicants.