Job Id: 61638
Pharmacy Benefits Specialist
Our client based in the Pacific Northwest is looking for an adaptable Pharmacy Benefits Specialist with exceptional multi-tasking and time management skills to join their team. This is a fantastic opportunity to get on board with a longstanding company that has a great reputation in the healthcare industry!
This is a remote position, but candidate must be based in Oregon, Washington, Utah, Idaho, Arizona, or Nevada.
Pharmacy Benefits Specialist Responsibilities
- Process claims and respond to pharmacy inquiries.
- Educate internal and external customers about benefit policies and company plan information.
- Document and maintain records within multiple systems and files related to customer activities and claims.
- Verify member plan eligibility, history, and coverages; seek further authorization as needed.
- Assist with pharmacy appeals.
- Make recommendations for process improvements, cost reduction, community outreach, and projects.
Pharmacy Benefits Specialist Qualifications
- Pharmacy Technician Certification required.
- 2 years related experience in a pharmacy, hospital, clinic, or similar.
- Strong knowledge with medical and pharmaceutical terminology, insurance including Medicare, pharmacy benefit management, and managed care.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite with the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Exceptional customer service attitude with strong written and verbal communication skills.
Salary: $23+/hr. and Bonus (DOE)
Benefits are available to eligible full-time employees and include coverage for medical, dental, vision, health spending accounts, life insurance, short and long term disability, AD&D, supplemental plans, wellness programs, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), vendor discounts, and matching 401k.
VanderHouwen is an award-winning, Women-Owned, WBENC certified professional staffing firm. Founded in 1987, VanderHouwen has been successfully placing experienced professionals throughout the Pacific Northwest and nationwide. Our recruitment teams are highly specialized in either Technology and IT, Engineering, or Accounting and Finance career markets. Our recruiters value building meaningful, professional relationships with each candidate as well as developing honed knowledge of companies' staffing needs and workplaces. Partner with us to land your next exciting career.
VanderHouwen is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. VanderHouwen does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal civil rights laws.
- IS Development Manager – Claims
- Chief Operating Officer (COO)
- Senior Human Resources Manager
- Senior Desktop Publisher
- Senior Graphic Designer
- Senior Change Manager (Backoffice SAP)
- Sales and Administrative Coordinator
- Change Management Consultant
- Software Engineering Manager
- Communications Specialist
Thank you for your interest in applying for this position! Please fill out the fields below. Your profile will be reviewed with the rest of the applicants.