Job Id: 64454
Our international client with a longstanding reputation in the retail industry is looking for a dependable, driven, and detail-oriented Payroll Specialist to join their team. This is a stellar opportunity to get a foot in the door and gain professional knowledge and development with a stable company that boasts great company culture.
Payroll Specialist Responsibilities
- Handle payroll processing and manual checks ensuring timeliness and accuracy.
- Review employee timecard and payroll data; contact managers to approve timesheets.
- Serve as point of contact for employee inquiries related to payroll, timekeeping, PTO, and employment verifications.
- Update process documentation and assist employees with training on payroll related procedures.
- Assist with payroll audits and projects.
- Maintain system records and transfer data to keep employee information up to date.
Payroll Specialist Qualifications
- Current payroll knowledge/experience required.
- Knowledge of current state and federal wage and hour laws.
- Proficient with HRIS/payroll systems; ADP and/or Workday knowledge a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of an organization.
- Flexible with the ability to meet deadlines while maintaining accuracy.
Salary: $27/hr. (DOE)
Benefits are available to eligible VanderHouwen contractors and include coverage for medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, and matching 401k.
VanderHouwen is an award-winning, Women-Owned, WBENC certified professional staffing firm. Founded in 1987, VanderHouwen has been successfully placing experienced professionals throughout the Pacific Northwest and nationwide. Our recruitment teams are highly specialized in either Technology and IT, Engineering, or Accounting and Finance career markets. Our recruiters value building meaningful, professional relationships with each candidate as well as developing honed knowledge of companies' staffing needs and workplaces. Partner with us to land your next exciting career.
VanderHouwen is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. VanderHouwen does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal civil rights laws.
- Treasury Support Specialist
- Senior Financial Analyst
- Accounts Payable and Payroll Accountant
- Senior Accountant – Indirect Tax
- Senior Financial Analyst
- Accounts Payable (AP) Specialist
- Tax Associate
Thank you for your interest in applying for this position! Please fill out the fields below. Your profile will be reviewed with the rest of the applicants.