Job Id: 63623
Our westside client has an immediate opening for a dependable and detailed Payroll Specialist to join their team! You won't want to miss out on this stellar opportunity to gain resume-building experience with a growing, Portland-founded organization – apply today!
Responsibilities of the Payroll Specialist
- Review and process bi-weekly payroll including benefits administration and garnishments.
- Ensure accuracy of payroll and HR data; research and reconcile discrepancies.
- Set up and maintain employee records ensuring compliance.
- Ad-hoc payroll reporting and auditing.
- Respond to HR and payroll-related inquiries.
- Support onboarding and offboarding activities.
- Provide administrative support as required.
Payroll Specialist Qualifications
- 1 year of relevant payroll experience; exposure to supporting HR functions a plus.
- Knowledge of current payroll laws and regulations.
- Strong Excel skills (PivotTables, VLOOKUPs); exposure to ADP a plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; bilingual (English/Spanish) highly preferred.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Organized with the ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task to meet deadlines.
Salary: $28.50/hr. (DOE)
Benefits are available to eligible full-time employees and include coverage for medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, educational assistance/tuition reimbursement, and matching 401k.
VanderHouwen is an award-winning, Women-Owned, WBENC certified professional staffing firm. Founded in 1987, VanderHouwen has been successfully placing experienced professionals throughout the Pacific Northwest and nationwide. Our recruitment teams are highly specialized in either Technology and IT, Engineering, or Accounting and Finance career markets. Our recruiters value building meaningful, professional relationships with each candidate as well as developing honed knowledge of companies' staffing needs and workplaces. Partner with us to land your next exciting career.
VanderHouwen is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. VanderHouwen does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal civil rights laws.
- Senior Accountant (Non-Profit)
- Finance Manager (Manufacturing)
- Corporate Controller
- Senior Accountant
- Billing Specialist
- Accounting Manager
- Actuarial Analyst II
- Technical Accounting Manager
- Senior Accountant
- Payroll Administrator
Thank you for your interest in applying for this position! Please fill out the fields below. Your profile will be reviewed with the rest of the applicants.