Job Id: 59626
Our well-established client is looking for a knowledgeable, team-oriented full-time Payroll Manager to lead their payroll department! This is a stellar opportunity to work with a close-knit team within a well-known organization.
This role is anticipating a hybrid schedule and requires qualified candidates to commute weekly to offices in Portland, Oregon.
Payroll Manager Qualifications
- 5+ years’ experience in payroll processing; previous supervisory or leadership experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field preferred.
- Familiarity with multi-entity and multi-state payroll.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, Oregon labor laws, and payroll compliance.
- Highly proficient with ADP Workforce Now and Excel required.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
Payroll Manager Responsibilities
- Oversee payroll functions.
- Support complex payroll processing.
- Respond to payroll and garnishment inquiries.
- Support audit needs while ensuring accuracy and compliance.
- Identify efficiencies and implement new procedures.
- Hire and mentor payroll team members.
Salary: $95k-$105k (DOE)
Benefits are available to eligible full-time employees and include coverage for medical, dental, life, long-term disability, and matching 401k.
VanderHouwen is an award-winning, Women-Owned, WBENC certified professional staffing firm. Founded in 1987, VanderHouwen has been successfully placing experienced professionals throughout the Pacific Northwest and nationwide. Our recruitment teams are highly specialized in either Technology and IT, Engineering, or Accounting and Finance career markets. Our recruiters value building meaningful, professional relationships with each candidate as well as developing honed knowledge of companies’ staffing needs and workplaces. Partner with us to land your next exciting career.
VanderHouwen is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. VanderHouwen does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal civil rights laws.
- Financial Manager
- Accounting Manager
- Union Payroll Specialist
- Staff Accountant
- Director of Finance
- Senior Internal Auditor
- Fiscal Manager
- Senior Accountant
- Payroll Specialist
- Accounting Manager
Thank you for your interest in applying for this position! Please fill out the fields below. Your profile will be reviewed with the rest of the applicants.