Job Id: 61377
Part-Time Staff Accountant
Our local non-profit client has an immediate opening for a dedicated Part-Time Staff Accountant to join their growing team! The ideal candidate thrives in a collaborative, fast-paced, and deadline-driven environment that values diversity and continuous learning. If you've been looking to get your foot in the door with a mission-driven organization that provides plenty of opportunity for career development, this could be the role for you!
This is a hybrid role requiring qualified applicants to commute weekly to offices in Vancouver, Washington.
Responsibilities of the Part-Time Staff Accountant
- Support day to day accounting activities including AP, AR, and payroll.
- Review transactions and prepare account reconciliations as appropriate.
- Support budgeting functions including preparation and analysis of financial reports.
- Audit data to ensure accuracy and compliance of system records.
- Suggest and support implementation of process improvements/efficiencies.
Part-Time Staff Accountant Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- 1+ years of relevant accounting experience; previous non-profit experience required.
- Knowledge of GAAP and accounting processes including reconciliations and financial reporting.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite and able to learn new systems quickly.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills required; Adobe PDF knowledge a plus.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
Salary: $24-$27/hr. (DOE)
Benefits are available to eligible VanderHouwen contractors and include coverage for medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, and matching 401k.
VanderHouwen is an award-winning, Women-Owned, WBENC certified professional staffing firm. Founded in 1987, VanderHouwen has been successfully placing experienced professionals throughout the Pacific Northwest and nationwide. Our recruitment teams are highly specialized in either Technology and IT, Engineering, or Accounting and Finance career markets. Our recruiters value building meaningful, professional relationships with each candidate as well as developing honed knowledge of companies' staffing needs and workplaces. Partner with us to land your next exciting career.
Thank you for your interest in applying for this position! Please fill out the fields below. Your profile will be reviewed with the rest of the applicants.