Job Id: 62827
Our client, who has been a pioneer in providing community assistance and various programs to Portland neighborhoods for more than 35 years, seeks an experienced Non-Profit Controller to oversee their accounting team! The ideal candidate is a compassionate and approachable leader who enjoys making an impact while ensuring the ongoing success of the organization.
This is a hybrid role requiring qualified applicants to commute weekly to offices in Portland, Oregon.
Non-Profit Controller Responsibilities
- Oversee accounting team and their functions ensuring timeliness, accuracy, and GAAP compliance.
- Collaborate with senior leadership and provide guidance to management team members.
- Lead cash management functions including annual budgeting and forecasting activities.
- Prepare ad-hoc financial reports and present findings to key stakeholders.
- Suggest and implement improvements to processes and internal controls.
- Drive and support audit preparations.
Non-Profit Controller Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field required; CPA preferred.
- 5 years of experience as a Controller for a non-profit organization.
- Experience with affordable housing or similar required.
- Prior experience overseeing financial reporting and audit functions.
- Tech-savvy with ERP systems (Yardi or similar) and Excel.
- Exceptional leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
Salary: $90k-$125k (DOE)
Benefits are available to eligible full-time employees and include coverage for medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, HSA, FSA, retirement program with employer contribution, flexible schedule, career development opportunities, volunteering opportunities, service discounts, and an employee assistance program (EAP).
VanderHouwen is an award-winning, Women-Owned, WBENC certified professional staffing firm. Founded in 1987, VanderHouwen has been successfully placing experienced professionals throughout the Pacific Northwest and nationwide. Our recruitment teams are highly specialized in either Technology and IT, Engineering, or Accounting and Finance career markets. Our recruiters value building meaningful, professional relationships with each candidate as well as developing honed knowledge of companies' staffing needs and workplaces. Partner with us to land your next exciting career.
VanderHouwen is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. VanderHouwen does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal civil rights laws.
- Credit Analyst
- Director of Finance
- Actuarial Analyst II
- Payroll Specialist
- Financial Analyst
- Finance Manager
- Technical Accounting Manager
- Senior Accountant (Non-Profit)
- Accounts Payable Supervisor
- Finance Manager (Manufacturing)
Thank you for your interest in applying for this position! Please fill out the fields below. Your profile will be reviewed with the rest of the applicants.