Job Id: 62322
Performs highly diversified routine duties to install, troubleshoot, repair, and leads maintenance of process units to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
This position is 100% onsite.
Maintenance Mechanic Responsibilities
- Performs mechanical skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Leads emergency/unscheduled repairs of equipment during production and maintain continuous production.
- Diagnoses problems, replaces or repairs parts, tests and makes adjustments.
- Supports inventory management system by keeping track of the parts and helping ordering the required PM parts.
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Leads regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Detects faulty operations, defective material and reports those and any unusual situations to proper authority.
- Modifies and repairs production equipment to improve production capacities.
- Complies with safety regulations and maintains clean and orderly work areas.
- Operates welders, lathe, milling machine, and electronical monitoring equipment to make repair parts.
- Supports lead mechanics for process development project management and comes up with process development ideas
- Trains new mechanics for being individually capable of regular maintenance and troubleshooting jobs
- Troubleshoots and repairs air compressor failures. Performs yearly preventive maintenance function on all pneumatic systems.
- Operates and maintains Ammonia Refrigeration systems. Performs minor repairs to piping, valving, and cold storage equipment. (coils, doors, circulating fans).
- Troubleshoots process electrical problems. Maintains electrical systems. Replaces motor, control wiring, as required.
- Operates boilers. Performs routine inspections for boiler pressure required by the State of Oregon. Completes boiler inspections sheet on a shift basis and monitors chemical usage and performs chemical analysis daily.
- Performs facility duties as required.
- Performs other/additional duties and projects that may be periodically assigned.
Maintenance Mechanic Qualifications
- Knowledge of mechanical and equipment maintenance techniques and practices; computerized preventive maintenance programs.
- Ability to operate equipment/tools/machinery to make appropriate repairs.
- Ability to examine machines and determine defects in operation.
- Ability to speak, read, and write English at the level necessary to successfully perform assigned responsibilities.
- High school education or GED required.
- Safety, Food Safety, on the job training is required.
- 2-4 years of experience in mechanical maintenance, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- LME (Licensed Mechanical Electrician) license preferred.
- RETA (Refrigerating Engineers & Technicians Association) certificate preferred.
Salary: $32-$35/hr. (DOE)
Benefits are available to eligible employees and include coverage for medical, dental, vision, life insurance, FSA, wellness programs, 401k plan, employee assistance programs, and much more.
VanderHouwen is an award-winning, Women-Owned, WBENC certified professional staffing firm. Founded in 1987, VanderHouwen has been successfully placing experienced professionals throughout the Pacific Northwest and nationwide. Our recruitment teams are highly specialized in either Technology and IT, Engineering, or Accounting and Finance career markets. Our recruiters value building meaningful, professional relationships with each candidate as well as developing honed knowledge of companies' staffing needs and workplaces. Partner with us to land your next exciting career.
VanderHouwen is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. VanderHouwen does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal civil rights laws.
- Process Control Engineer
- Civil Project Engineer
- Field Service Engineer
- Applications Scientist
- GIS / CAD Technician
- UEFI Silicon Engineer
- Pipeline Technician – Corrosion
- Environmental Health & Safety Manager
- Applications Scientist
- Technical Communications Specialist
Thank you for your interest in applying for this position! Please fill out the fields below. Your profile will be reviewed with the rest of the applicants.