Job Id: 62679
This position is responsible for day-to-day security operations. The job includes configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting enterprise-wide security solutions. The team member will interface directly with the multiple IT teams and the security operations center to respond to, investigate, and remediate security incident escalations.
In addition, this position will be the primary firewall administrator and engineer. Responsible for day-to-day firewall operations, configuration changes, patching, and upgrades. The team member will work with management to architect enterprise firewall solutions (edge, internal, and cloud-based).
This is a remote position.
Firewall Engineer Internal Control Responsibilities:
- Support Internal Control (Sox, PCI, and other compliance requirements) process, which includes understanding, communicating, complying with defined internal controls, and suggesting and making modifications to the policies, procedures, and controls to better match the business.
- Communicate upward problems in operations, noncompliance with the code of conduct, or other policy violations or illegal actions.
- Interface with the Security Operations Center to maintain monitoring solutions and respond to security escalations.
- Configure, install and maintain enterprise-wide security solutions. These solutions include but are not limited to firewalls, VPN, Office365/Azure security, EDR, and content filtering.
- This position will be the primary resource for firewall maintenance and configuration.
- Maintain vulnerability scanning platform and provide reporting to IT groups.
- Collaborate directly with the Support, Business, and IT teams to advise on security best practices and secure systems implementation.
- Provide support for forensic investigations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Firewall Engineer Qualifications:
- Hands-on multi-year experience(3+) with Information Infrastructure technologies such as network devices, operating systems, and basic information security technologies.
- Hands-on, direct experience with Cisco ASA, Cisco Firepower, and Palo Alto firewalls and IDS technologies.
- Familiarity with cloud-based firewall technologies such as Palo Alto Prisma Access.
- Familiarity with remote access VPN technologies such as Cisco Any Connect and Palo Alto Global Protect.
- Hands-on experience with building and supporting IPSEC business-to-business connections.
- Hands-on experience with BGP and EIGRP routing protocols.
- Hands-on experience supporting EDR platforms.
- Familiarity with Windows, Mac, and Linux Operating systems.
- Flexible attitude – able to take on many different tasks at once.
- Able to learn and apply new security technologies quickly.
- Self-motivating – able to learn new skills as required.
- Proven record of analyzing complex problems to come to a straightforward solution.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Salary: $115,000k-$135,000k/yr. (DOE)
Our client strives to offer a comprehensive benefits package that helps you and your family maintain health and well-being – both physically and financially.
VanderHouwen is an award-winning, Women-Owned, WBENC certified professional staffing firm. Founded in 1987, VanderHouwen has been successfully placing experienced professionals throughout the Pacific Northwest and nationwide. Our recruitment teams are highly specialized in either Technology and IT, Engineering, or Accounting and Finance career markets. Our recruiters value building meaningful, professional relationships with each candidate as well as developing honed knowledge of companies' staffing needs and workplaces. Partner with us to land your next exciting career.
VanderHouwen is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. VanderHouwen does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal civil rights laws.
- Global Strategic Sourcing Manager
- IS Database Developer II
- Construction Project Manager
- GPS Systems Engineer
- Senior IT Auditor
- Healthcare Data Analyst, Claims and Authorizations
- Core Java Engineer
- Senior / Lead UEFI Engineer
- Workday Business Analyst
- Senior Web Developer
Thank you for your interest in applying for this position! Please fill out the fields below. Your profile will be reviewed with the rest of the applicants.