Job Id: 61383
Our client is seeking an Engineering Manager to join their organization in Auburn, Washington. The Engineering Manager is responsible for managing the daily operations of the product design engineering, applications engineering, and technical service departments. They shall drive results and efficiency, and implement processes and systems toward meeting/exceeding business objectives in these areas.
This role is fully onsite in Auburn, Washington.
Engineering Manager Functions & Responsibilities
- Design, implement, and refine product development, testing, and launch processes.
- Lead the team in the development of new products, solutions, and processes.
- Oversee project logistics and resource allocation.
- Create and oversee project budgets and engage in cost management strategies.
- Develop, implement, and maintain systems toward continuous improvement in all areas of responsibility.
- Direct and supervise the daily operations of responsible personnel to continually improve effectiveness and efficiency.
- Determine need, recruit, and manage outside assistance with specialized project tasks.
- Ensure the departments are properly interacting with customers, handling queries and complaints in a positive and timely manner.
- Mentor and coach employees on resolving complex issues toward positive outcomes.
- Maintain excellent knowledge of our products and services at all times, and ensure the team is equally as educated in areas of focus, to satisfy our customers.
- Develop and implement revenue-generating service programs such as Preventative Maintenance and Rebuild programs.
- Develop, implement, and maintain departmental performance metrics.
- Develop and manage individual goals for team members and assist in their success as needed.
- Determine needs, hire, and ensure proper training of new team members.
- Manage team through real-time feedback as well as formal performance evaluations.
- Develop and maintain a team atmosphere with other interacting departments.
- Provide project management leadership on specific cross-departmental projects.
- Perform planning and cross-training initiatives to ensure sufficient back-ups within departments.
- Develop, implement, and maintain systems to keep accurate and timely service records of customer-related data, interactions, transactions, comments, and complaints.
- Implement corporate and/or departmental policies, procedures, and service standards.
- Develop, implement, and maintain systems to control a current and accurate product technical documentation database.
- Adhere to budget and report on expenses – Budget tracking.
- Take action to remain current on the latest industry trends and techniques.
- Perform other tasks as required
Engineering Manager Skills and Qualifications
- Strong project management skills.
- Continuous Improvement Mindset.
- Solution Focus.
- Strong sense of urgency toward results.
- Proven work experience in a similar role.
- Ability to develop, maintain, measure, and analyze KPIs.
- Ability to multitask.
- Strong ability to analyze processes and develop improvements.
- Ability to maintain a positive and professional attitude toward customers at all times.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- A passion for customer satisfaction.
- Time management skills.
- Excellent team building and teamwork approach.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Project Lead / Coordinator experience with proven results.
- Coaching skills.
- Process management.
- Relationship-building skills.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Familiarity with ERP software data input, acquisition, and analysis.
- Design and creative experience and abilities.
- Advanced CAD Skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products.
- Advanced MS Excel skills.
- B.S. in a related field.
- 5 to 10 years of related experience.
- 5+ years of management experience.
- Advanced experience in ERP software data acquisition and analysis.
- Cooking/Baking Industry Experience and Market Knowledge.
- Familiarity with UL, NSF, NEC, CSA, and CE regulatory requirements.
- Proficient with PLC programming and HMI programming software.
- ERP Plex software experience.
- Autodesk Vault experience.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Travel (up to 20%) – shows, expos and customer visits.
Salary: $100,000.00 – $120,000.00 per year
Our client offers 401(k), 401(k) matching, Bonus Pay, Dental insurance, Employee assistance program, Flexible spending account, Health insurance, Health savings account, Life insurance, Paid time off, Parental leave, Tuition reimbursement, and Vision insurance to eligible employees.
VanderHouwen is an award-winning, Women-Owned, WBENC certified professional staffing firm. Founded in 1987, VanderHouwen has been successfully placing experienced professionals throughout the Pacific Northwest and nationwide. Our recruitment teams are highly specialized in either Technology and IT, Engineering, or Accounting and Finance career markets. Our recruiters value building meaningful, professional relationships with each candidate as well as developing honed knowledge of companies’ staffing needs and workplaces. Partner with us to land your next exciting career.
VanderHouwen is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. VanderHouwen does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal civil rights laws.
- Geotechnical Project Manager
- Principal Electrical Engineer
- GIS Technician
- Electrical Designer
- Test Engineer – CAD / Manufacturing
- Senior Embedded Firmware Engineer
- Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Mechanical Engineer
- Applications Scientist
- Embedded Controls (EC) Engineer
Thank you for your interest in applying for this position! Please fill out the fields below. Your profile will be reviewed with the rest of the applicants.