Job Id: 61708
Our client is seeking an EHS Manager to assist their organization in Vancouver, Washington. The EHS Manager develops, implements, and provides stewardship over the environment, health, and safety (EH&S) for the company. This is a hands-on position that will entail collaboration across all functional areas in the business to drive the reduction of risks and costs.
This role is fully onsite in Vancouver, Washington.
EHS Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage environmental programs to ensure timely and accurate reports to the EPA, and to ensure related inspections are being performed
- Support environmental, health, and safety programs and training to ensure that safe operations and working conditions exist
- Maintain EHS 300 log, OSHA Form 300, and all other governmental and company records
- Implements environmental, health, and safety education and training to support regulatory and business requirements
- Manages the chemical waste program to ensure compliance with RCRA and DOT regulations
- Responsible for the documentation and follow-up of all workers' compensation
- Create and Manage Risk Assessments for all facilities.
- Investigates all accidents and near misses to ensure root cause, containment, and corrective actions are completed
- Perform site audits and lead efforts with management teams to implement corrective actions
- Execute against the EHS and facility metrics, and ensure timely reporting of KPIs.
- Compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Department of Health & Environmental Control (DHEC), National Electrical Code (NEC), and Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations.
- Participate in developing project investigations, project charters, and CAPEX proposals pertaining to E/H/S.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EHS Manager Qualifications
- 6-8 years' practical experience with Health and Safety standards and procedures in a manufacturing environment; food industry experience is preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and proven success in managing budgets and vendors.
- Experience and proven track record on Project management, and driving and managing changes.
- Ability to work and engage with all levels of stakeholders.
- Substantial operating and leadership experience within a manufacturing or industrial business.
- Working familiarity with ammonia refrigeration systems is required; RETA CIRO Certification is preferred.
- Must be proficient using Microsoft Office Suite such as Excel (create/modify spreadsheets), Word (create/modify documents), and PowerPoint (prepare/present presentations), and Outlook (email correspondence).
- Experience with financial analysis/economic thinking around plant production costs and return on investments.
- Effectively manage multiple complex tasks simultaneously, planning and scheduling work and activities to routinely meet demand and schedule parameters and manage time efficiently.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to get timely results through managing others.
- Effective coaching, facilitation, presentation, and team-building skills.
- Possesses a strategic mindset and demonstrates ability and willingness to operate tactically.
- Passionate and relentless in following up on issues until a final resolution is achieved and sustained process improvements are deployed and verified.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- English/Spanish bilingual a plus.
- Willingness to work extended hours, weekends, or irregular hours, especially during the fresh processing season.
- Passion for great tasting and nutritious fruit products, including smoothies, would be a big plus.
Salary: $75,000-$90,000/year. (DOE)
Our client provides 8 paid holidays, Sick paid, Full-time, non-exempt employees accrue 8 days of PTO per year, Full-time, exempt employees accrue paid vacation based on length of service, 0-3 years: 2 weeks paid vacation, 4-7 years: 3 weeks paid vacation, 8+ years: 4 weeks paid vacation, Paid Bereavement Leave, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(K) company match up to 4%, and discounted bus passes to eligible employees.
VanderHouwen is an award-winning, Women-Owned, WBENC certified professional staffing firm. Founded in 1987, VanderHouwen has been successfully placing experienced professionals throughout the Pacific Northwest and nationwide. Our recruitment teams are highly specialized in either Technology and IT, Engineering, or Accounting and Finance career markets. Our recruiters value building meaningful, professional relationships with each candidate as well as developing honed knowledge of companies' staffing needs and workplaces. Partner with us to land your next exciting career.
VanderHouwen is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. VanderHouwen does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal civil rights laws.
- Retail Assortment Planner
- Strategic Sourcing Manager
- Regional Account Manager
- Senior Administrative Assistant
- Senior Communications Specialist
- Administrative Assistant
- Senior Change Manager (Backoffice SAP)
- Administrative Specialist
- IS Infrastructure and Operations Manager
- Warehouse Laborer
Thank you for your interest in applying for this position! Please fill out the fields below. Your profile will be reviewed with the rest of the applicants.