Job Id: 59170
Director of Actuarial Services
Our client is looking for a full-time Director of Actuarial Services to grow with their dynamic team. This is an excellent opportunity to work with a stable non-profit organization that has served Pacific Northwest communities for over 25 years!
This is a hybrid role requiring qualified applicants to occasionally commute to offices in Portland, Oregon.
Director of Actuarial Services Responsibilities
- Lead and mentor team members in daily value-based payment strategies and functions.
- Maintain client relationships and partnerships ensuring alignment with organizational goals and mission.
- Maintain financial models and analyze risks; suggest and implement strategy improvements, business plans, and SOPs.
- Support team in effective prioritization and ensure compliance with the organization's policies and procedures.
- Additional projects and duties as needed.
Director of Actuarial Services Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Mathematics, Economics, or related field.
- Associate of Society of Actuaries (ASA) or above.
- 10 years of related experience including 3+ years of supervisory responsibility.
- Familiarity with insurance and healthcare including value-based contract models and regulations (Medicare/Medicaid).
- Proficient with database tools (SQL or similar preferred), and MS Office Suite including advanced Excel skills.
- Ability to effectively partner and communicate/present at all levels of the organization.
- Analytical mindset with strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
Salary: $180k-$220k (DOE)
Benefits are available to eligible full-time employees and include coverage for medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, matching 401k, tuition reimbursement, and pre-tax parking options.
VanderHouwen is an award-winning, Women-Owned, WBENC certified professional staffing firm. Founded in 1987, VanderHouwen has been successfully placing experienced professionals throughout the Pacific Northwest and nationwide. Our recruitment teams are highly specialized in either Technology and IT, Engineering, or Accounting and Finance career markets. Our recruiters value building meaningful, professional relationships with each candidate as well as developing honed knowledge of companies' staffing needs and workplaces. Partner with us to land your next exciting career.
VanderHouwen is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. VanderHouwen does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal civil rights laws.
- Accounting Supervisor
- Senior Accountant
- Cash Applications Specialist
- Cost Accountant
- Accounting Specialist
- Tax Director
- Payroll Specialist
- Senior Manager, Corporate Accounting
Thank you for your interest in applying for this position! Please fill out the fields below. Your profile will be reviewed with the rest of the applicants.