Job Id: 63503
Our client is seeking a DevOps Engineer to assist their organization. The DevOps Engineer is responsible for implementing tools and processes that reduce friction by automating software builds and deployments to our cloud environments. The DevOps Engineer applies DevOps practices jointly with software engineers to provide automated tooling to empower our Product Development teams to rapidly build, deliver, and support new features.
This is a mostly remote role with occasional onsite days. Open to candidates residing in the Portland Metropolitan area.
DevOps Engineer Responsibilities
- Contribute to Continuous Integration (CI) improvements to automate service/system integration and testing methods.
- Contribute to Continuous Deployment (CD) improvements to automate high availability release and rollback methods.
- Improve automated monitoring and alerting systems that support our business SLIs/SLOs.
- Implement improvements to our auto-scaling, self-healing, circuit-breakers, and other patterns that impact our site reliability and resiliency.
- Coordinate with engineers outside the core team to integrate related components and adhere to organizational standards.
- Participate as part of a Tier-3 on-call rotation to support team-built software.
DevOps Engineer Qualifications
- 1-3+ years delivering high-scale, high-performance web applications.
- A background in platforms running with a leading cloud provider, preferably Azure.
- Experience with container-driven development environments.
- Experience building Infrastructure as Code (IaC) for microservice architectures.
- An excellent communicator, able to address gaps and opportunities with the greater team constructively.
- Self-motivates, believes in accountability, focuses on results, makes plans, and follows through.
- Believes in humility and empathy, shares best practices, desires to keep learning, measures performance, and adapts to improve results.
- Thrives on a team, stays positive, and lives our client's values.
Salary: 100,000-120,000/year. (DOE)
Benefits are available to eligible full-time employees and can include coverage for medical, dental, life insurance, long-term disability, 401k with employer match, and wellness programs.
VanderHouwen is an award-winning, Women-Owned, WBENC certified professional staffing firm. Founded in 1987, VanderHouwen has been successfully placing experienced professionals throughout the Pacific Northwest and nationwide. Our recruitment teams are highly specialized in either Technology and IT, Engineering, or Accounting and Finance career markets. Our recruiters value building meaningful, professional relationships with each candidate as well as developing honed knowledge of companies' staffing needs and workplaces. Partner with us to land your next exciting career.
VanderHouwen is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. VanderHouwen does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal civil rights laws.
- Epic Administrator
- Principal Telecom Engineer
- Scrum Master
- Databricks / Python Engineer
- IS Data Engineer
- Lead Systems Design Engineer
- Data Analyst
- Application Developer
- QNXT Application Systems Administrator II
- Security and Compliance Manager
Thank you for your interest in applying for this position! Please fill out the fields below. Your profile will be reviewed with the rest of the applicants.