Job Id: 63668
Our client is seeking a Data Analyst, Finance Data and Analytics Products with the ability to assist the business Data Engineers within the client's margin planning and direct data spaces. They will be able to understand business needs and translate those into technical requirements. Daily, they will work to design, develop, and implement new decision-support solutions that help the business leverage/operationalize analytical insights. They will use their expertise in both business and technology to translate business needs into technical requirements helping the business product owner(s) to be successful and the data engineers be efficient.
This role is a hybrid model in Beaverton, Oregon.
Data Analyst Responsibilities
- Working within the company's margin planning and direct finance teams to build data and reporting solutions supporting the client's transition to their new state-of-the-art forecasting and actuals capabilities.
- Gather requirements and design data flows to support data engineers who use relational databases, ETL processes, and SAP.
- Successful candidates will bring strong SQL, SSRS, Alteryx, Azure Data Factory (including the creation of Azure pipelines), and SSAS Cube skills (including handling its measures).
- Responsible for supporting the financial analytic capabilities that transform the company to meet the challenges of managing a complex data landscape.
Who You Will Work With
Data engineers who currently support our client’s finance team and their seasonal margin planning team.
Data Analyst Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Business, or IT or Combination of relevant education, experience, and training 3+ years of experience with an emphasis on business reporting and analytics required.
- Experience with Financial data and systems.
- Ability to lead and/or work on cross-functional teams and provide project management support.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Problem structuring and strategic problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and manage multiple projects with multiple business partners on firm deadlines.
- Able to influence and communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with team members and business partners.
- Expert skill in Azure Data Factory, and creating Azure pipelines in the Azure cloud platform.
- Proficiency in SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) Cube and handling its measures.
- Expert skill in relational SQL and Database Analysis.
- Experience in creating SQL Stored Procedures.
- Experience in ETL tools, namely Alteryx.
- Experience in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Intermediate knowledge in Power Pivot and Excel Macros.
- Experience with SAP.
- Experience with Cloud Data Stacks (AWS, Snowflake, etc).
- Solid understanding of Database concepts, data structures, and algorithms.
- Understanding of solution and technical design.
- Problem-solving and analytical mindset.
Compensation: $50-$55/hr. (DOE)
Benefits are available to eligible VanderHouwen contractors and include coverage for medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, and matching 401k.
VanderHouwen is an award-winning, Women-Owned, WBENC certified professional staffing firm. Founded in 1987, VanderHouwen has been successfully placing experienced professionals throughout the Pacific Northwest and nationwide. Our recruitment teams are highly specialized in either Technology and IT, Engineering, or Accounting and Finance career markets. Our recruiters value building meaningful, professional relationships with each candidate as well as developing honed knowledge of companies' staffing needs and workplaces. Partner with us to land your next exciting career.
VanderHouwen is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. VanderHouwen does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal civil rights laws.
- Application Developer
- Marketplace Operations Business Analyst
- Senior .NET Developer
- Lead Data Analyst
- DevOps Engineer
- IS Data Quality Analyst
- Security and Compliance Manager
- Technology Solutions Manager
- Senior Telecom Analyst
- Compliance Records Analyst
Thank you for your interest in applying for this position! Please fill out the fields below. Your profile will be reviewed with the rest of the applicants.