Job Id: 61673
Our Willamette Valley client is seeking an adaptable hands-on full-time Controller to join their team! This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a company focused on sustainability and innovative products. Employees at this company are encouraged to collaborate to continually improve processes that drive their diverse product lines.
This is a hybrid role requiring qualified applicants to occasionally commute to Eugene, Oregon.
Responsibilities of the Controller
- Oversee general and technical accounting functions.
- Supervise accounting and finance team members.
- Responsible for financial close process and inventory.
- Manage SEC processes and reporting requirements.
- Monitor accounting hiring needs; assist with recruiting, training/coaching, and supervision of team members.
- Provide financial data, make recommendations, and present to leadership and board of directors to drive strategic business decisions.
- Research and lead implementation to improve internal controls, SOX compliance, and process efficiencies.
- Partner cross-functionally with internal departments to support financial requests.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and CPA required.
- 4+ years of progressive accounting experience; manufacturing highly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and SEC regulations required.
- Prior leadership or management experience.
- Proficient with ERP systems and intermediate to advanced Excel skills required.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to efficiently manage deadlines.
Salary: $145k+ (DOE)
Benefits are available to eligible full-time employees and include coverage for fully employer-paid medical; dental, vision, vendor discounts, fitness program incentives, and 401k program.
VanderHouwen is an award-winning, Women-Owned, WBENC certified professional staffing firm. Founded in 1987, VanderHouwen has been successfully placing experienced professionals throughout the Pacific Northwest and nationwide. Our recruitment teams are highly specialized in either Technology and IT, Engineering, or Accounting and Finance career markets. Our recruiters value building meaningful, professional relationships with each candidate as well as developing honed knowledge of companies’ staffing needs and workplaces. Partner with us to land your next exciting career.
VanderHouwen is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. VanderHouwen does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal civil rights laws.
- Senior Accountant
- Accounts Payable Specialist
- Senior Internal Auditor
- Tax Manager
- Director of Finance
- Revenue Analyst
- Divisional Financial Analyst
- Senior Accounting Manager
- Senior Accountant
- Senior Audit Accountant
Thank you for your interest in applying for this position! Please fill out the fields below. Your profile will be reviewed with the rest of the applicants.