Job Id: 59342
Our local non-profit client is looking to add a passionate full-time Assistant Controller to their team! This role offers an opportunity to take part in fulfilling, mission-oriented work that is aimed at making an impact in the lives of others. Employees at this organization enjoy an inclusive, inviting work environment and fully paid benefits.
This is a hybrid role requiring qualified applicants to commute weekly to offices in Portland, Oregon.
Responsibilities of the Assistant Controller
- Lead month-end activities ensuring a timely and accurate close.
- Review journal entries and reconciliations; adjust as needed.
- Prepare ad-hoc financial reports; research and assess variances.
- Maintain fixed asset and depreciation schedules.
- Review inventory and expenses; reconcile as appropriate.
- Support year-end audit activities.
Assistant Controller Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- 5 years of full-process multi-entity accounting experience.
- Background in property management or similar required.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP; exposure to non-profit and/or fund accounting is a plus.
- Proficient with ERP systems and intermediate to advanced Excel skills; Yardi a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization.
Salary: $105k-$115k (DOE)
Benefits are available to eligible full-time employees and include coverage for medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, and retirement plan options.
VanderHouwen is an award-winning, Women-Owned, WBENC certified professional staffing firm. Founded in 1987, VanderHouwen has been successfully placing experienced professionals throughout the Pacific Northwest and nationwide. Our recruitment teams are highly specialized in either Technology and IT, Engineering, or Accounting and Finance career markets. Our recruiters value building meaningful, professional relationships with each candidate as well as developing honed knowledge of companies’ staffing needs and workplaces. Partner with us to land your next exciting career.
- Staff Accountant
- Accounting Manager
- Accounts Payable (AP) Specialist
- Treasury and AR Specialist
- Accounting Specialist
- Director of Actuarial Services
- Chief Financial Officer
- Audit Manager
- Senior Risk Adjustment Analyst
Thank you for your interest in applying for this position! Please fill out the fields below. Your profile will be reviewed with the rest of the applicants.