Job Id: 60207
Accounts Payable Specialist
We are working with a local, private, and family-owned company that is experiencing tremendous success and is searching for a team-oriented Accounts Payable Specialist to join their team full-time. With strong accounting leaders and potential to grow in this role, this is an exciting opportunity to join a company where business is booming!
This role is anticipating a hybrid schedule and requires qualified candidates to commute weekly to offices in Vancouver, Washington.
Responsibilities of the Accounts Payable Specialist
- Process purchase orders, obtain invoice approvals, and perform reconciliations.
- Analysis of invoices to ensure proper payment/identify discrepancies.
- Expense reimbursements, expense reports, and credit card processing.
- Maintain vendor database regarding payments, W9s, and 1099s.
- Application of sales tax where applicable.
- Create budgets and coordinate loan documentation and requests.
- Support GL transactions and bank reconciliations.
Accounts Payable Specialist Qualifications
- 2+ years of accounts payable experience.
- Knowledge of debits and credits and general AP processes required.
- Degree in Accounting a plus.
- Experience with ERP Systems; Sage a plus.
- Ability to learn new systems with proficiency in Excel.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Can-do attitude, multi-tasker, dedicated, and accurate.
Salary: $24-$28/hr. (DOE)
Benefits are available to eligible full-time employees and include coverage for medical, dental, vision, life insurance, FSA, wellness programs, 401k with employer match, employee assistance programs, and professional development opportunities.
VanderHouwen is an award-winning, Women-Owned, WBENC certified professional staffing firm. Founded in 1987, VanderHouwen has been successfully placing experienced professionals throughout the Pacific Northwest and nationwide. Our recruitment teams are highly specialized in either Technology and IT, Engineering, or Accounting and Finance career markets. Our recruiters value building meaningful, professional relationships with each candidate as well as developing honed knowledge of companies' staffing needs and workplaces. Partner with us to land your next exciting career.
VanderHouwen is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. VanderHouwen does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal civil rights laws.
- Cost Accountant
- Accounts Payable Accountant
- Staff Accountant
- Senior Accountant
- Accounting Supervisor
- Senior Internal Auditor
- Senior Manager, Corporate Accounting
- Fiscal Manager
Thank you for your interest in applying for this position! Please fill out the fields below. Your profile will be reviewed with the rest of the applicants.