Job Id: 59558
Accounts Payable Specialist
Our Pacific Northwest client is looking for an accurate and detail-oriented Accounts Payable Specialist to join their team in Portland, Oregon. This is an excellent opportunity, to gain professional growth at a well-known company.
This is a hybrid role requiring qualified applicants to commute weekly to offices in Portland, Oregon.
Responsibilities of the Accounts Payable Specialist
- Monitor and process invoices, check requests, vouchers, and payments.
- Set up banking and update banking changes.
- Research and respond to external vendors and customers related to AP inquiries.
- Complete daily banking functions and mass payment requests.
- Record and reconcile payments ensuring they are corrected, reissued, and documented.
- Maintain department records following policies and procedures.
Accounts Payable Specialist Qualifications
- 2 years of accounting and AP processing experience with knowledge of GAAP.
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- ERP systems knowledge with intermediate Excel skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
Salary: $19-$21/hr. (DOE)
Benefits are available to eligible VanderHouwen contractors and include coverage for medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, and matching 401k.
VanderHouwen is an award-winning, Women-Owned, WBENC certified professional staffing firm. Founded in 1987, VanderHouwen has been successfully placing experienced professionals throughout the Pacific Northwest and nationwide. Our recruitment teams are highly specialized in either Technology and IT, Engineering, or Accounting and Finance career markets. Our recruiters value building meaningful, professional relationships with each candidate as well as developing honed knowledge of companies’ staffing needs and workplaces. Partner with us to land your next exciting career.
VanderHouwen is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. VanderHouwen does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal civil rights laws.
- Accounts Payable Director
- Assistant Controller
- Accounts Payable Specialist
- Senior Risk Adjustment Analyst
- Senior Internal Auditor
- Finance Manager
- Accounting Manager
- Associate Chief Financial Officer
- Accounts Payable Clerk
Thank you for your interest in applying for this position! Please fill out the fields below. Your profile will be reviewed with the rest of the applicants.