Job Id: 63771
Our local Portland client is seeking a friendly and reliable Accounting Specialist to join their organization. If you've been looking for a new opportunity that provides room for growth with a close-knit team, this could be the place for you!
Accounting Specialist Responsibilities
- Handle accounts payable and accounts receivable functions.
- Maintain general ledger ensuring accuracy and compliance.
- Research and resolve transactional discrepancies.
- Prepare invoices, checks, and wire transfers.
- Respond to vendor and customer inquiries in a timely manner.
- Assist with compiling and preparing title documentation for external parties.
- Reception and administrative support as needed.
Accounting Specialist Qualifications
- Dealership experience required.
- 1+ years of general accounting, A/P, and/or bookkeeping experience.
- Strong knowledge of debits/credits and accounts payable functions.
- Current notary license or ability to complete employer-paid licensure training required.
- Intermediate Excel skills and able to learn new systems quickly.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail/accuracy.
- Flexible and team oriented.
Salary: $26-$30/hr. (DOE)
Benefits are available to eligible full-time employees and include coverage for medical, dental, vision, hearing, and 401k with employer match.
VanderHouwen is an award-winning, Women-Owned, WBENC certified professional staffing firm. Founded in 1987, VanderHouwen has been successfully placing experienced professionals throughout the Pacific Northwest and nationwide. Our recruitment teams are highly specialized in either Technology and IT, Engineering, or Accounting and Finance career markets. Our recruiters value building meaningful, professional relationships with each candidate as well as developing honed knowledge of companies' staffing needs and workplaces. Partner with us to land your next exciting career.
VanderHouwen is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. VanderHouwen does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal civil rights laws.
- Accounting Manager
- Accounting Assistant
- Payroll Administrator
- Senior Accountant
- Accounts Payable Supervisor
- Credit Analyst
- Senior Accountant (Non-Profit)
- Technical Accountant
- Non-Profit Controller
- Actuarial Analyst II
Thank you for your interest in applying for this position! Please fill out the fields below. Your profile will be reviewed with the rest of the applicants.