Job Id: 64599
Our westside client seeks a flexible and self-motivated Accounting Assistant to support their team! If you enjoy wearing many hats and learning new things in the field of accounting, this is an excellent opportunity to gain professional experience at a global manufacturing company in a friendly team environment.
Accounting Assistant Responsibilities
- Review and enter AP/purchase order data ensuring accuracy.
- Monitor approvals/processing of purchase orders to ensure timely payments.
- Verify POs are assigned the correct codes for GL entries.
- Assist vendors and customers with purchase order inquiries via phone and email.
- Research and resolve order discrepancies.
- Assist with month-end processes, documentation, and pulling reports.
- Ad-hoc administrative and office support.
Accounting Assistant Qualifications
- At least 3 years of accounting and accounts payable experience.
- Associate degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field preferred.
- Exposure to purchasing or manufacturing-related accounting a plus.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite including strong Excel skills.
- Experience with ERP systems (SAP, Oracle, or similar preferred) and the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Team-oriented with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Organized multitasker with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
Salary: $25-$28/hr. (DOE)
Benefits are available to eligible full-time employees and include coverage for medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, and matching 401k.
VanderHouwen is an award-winning, Women-Owned, WBENC certified professional staffing firm. Founded in 1987, VanderHouwen has been successfully placing experienced professionals throughout the Pacific Northwest and nationwide. Our recruitment teams are highly specialized in either Technology and IT, Engineering, or Accounting and Finance career markets. Our recruiters value building meaningful, professional relationships with each candidate as well as developing honed knowledge of companies' staffing needs and workplaces. Partner with us to land your next exciting career.
VanderHouwen is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. VanderHouwen does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal civil rights laws.
Thank you for your interest in applying for this position! Please fill out the fields below. Your profile will be reviewed with the rest of the applicants.